Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Ride with that hip-hop faker… Vishal Dadlani!

This is an interesting conversation! Vishal talks a lot about Pentagram. If you haven't seen the Global Metal section on India yet, I'd recommend that, too! I'm not a huge metal fan but I can appreciate it.

I am a MASSIVE rock music fan. And obsessed with stories of bands and rock history. I still think Rock On is one of the best movies about being in a band that I've seen. There's something really specific about the bonds of being in a band that's hard to capture in fiction, somehow. Like the inverse of Inside Llewyn Davis. (Which was also excellent.)

The daily gossip hasn't revealed that much, although I have a feeling we're going to be bogged down with Happy New Year "tidbits" until it releases.

1 comment:

Apex said...

"still think Rock On is one of the best movies about being in a band that I've seen. There's something really specific about the bonds of being in a band that's hard to capture in fiction, somehow. "
I liked that comment so much that u forced me to post on your blog (after being an occasional lurker for a while!)
Being part of a wannabe amateur rock band in 'boyhood' (ref the new linklater flick lol) & then having to give it up for "more serious pursuits" rung a bell
Though the film could have done with a more talented cast (though they did exude some correct physical and gestural paraphernalia but some,thing was missing)
It's somethign to do with the fact that I never find Farhan Akhtar worthy of being a lead actor
But otherwise it was ok
Anyhow rant ends
May check llelwyn Lewis --last missed it for the Mia starrer "tracks" ...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl