Friday, August 22, 2014

Songs! Let's pump up Friday with some picturizations!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Man, is it me or was this an epically long week? Thanks for all the great conversation, though! I've been pecking away at a piece on Aurangzeb and something about our discussion this week got me thinking in another direction about it. Hopefully I can finish it for ya at some point soon.

Once again, I won't get a chance to see any of the new films this weekend but I'll try to get up a review of something.

Now! There are some song picturizations we have to discuss!!

"Tu Meri" from Bang Bang and… I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! Hrithik is such a fluid dancer and, if anything, I feel like he's been getting better with age. He's seasoned now, you know? And Katrina is looking gorgeous and lovely… That little hand-hold at the end is just… *SQUEEE*

I'm ready for Bang Bang. Nobody heroes quite like Hrithik.

I almost didn't click on this one because, you know, Nepotizya Roy Kapur. I'm glad I did, however, because this picturization is fantastic. It wouldn't be worth seeing the film on the big screen just for this but I'm curious who the choreographer/director was for it. The use of the backing dancers and the way the costume colors are coordinated is just super-duper!

If only somebody could swap in a likable hero for ol' Producer's Brother Kapur, it would be perfect.

"Dal Makhani" did nothing but MAKE ME HUNGRY for dal makhani. Is 7am too early for Delhi Dhaba to open? I'm putting it up because it's kind of interesting as an example of a flavorless song picturization and to showcase Nepotizelle Kaif's lack of dance ability or screen presence.

Kunal Nayyar, bro, I love you and I hope you had fun making this film but it looks like something made to be a time killer on a plane after all other options in the on-flight entertainment system have been pwned.

3 comments:

Apex said...

"Tu Meri" from Bang Bang and… I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!! Hrithik is such a fluid dancer and, if anything, I feel like he's been getting better with age. He's seasoned now, you know? And Katrina is looking gorgeous and lovely… That little hand-hold at the end is just… *SQUEEE*

Exxxactllyy FG--my sentiments as well --PURE 'star appeal'

btw check out some 'original' lyrics I've penned-

Aisi kya chali hawa
Ke le gayi meri saanson ko mujhse door
Tere pass or mujhse hua ehsaas

Couldn't copy paste the rest oops lol

And rofl @ nepotizya--gimme a high 5....

DPSF said...

I liked the Daawat-e-ishq songs so far, picturizations were nice and Parineeti is so charming! Just wish they'd cast maybe Varun Dhawan instead of ARK.

Can't wait for Bang Bang, but a bit underwhelmed by "tu meri"... I guess I really wanted to see Hrithik and Katrina do awesome moves together. But she doesn't do much in this one, what a pity... I suppose (and hope) they WILL have some great dance together, and they're keeping it for future promos :)
(Super hot Hrithik though, much better than in Krrish 3)

Laurel O said...

Filmi girl, I'm so glad you're back! I had no idea Bang Bang was even happening... and now I am thrilled about it!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl