Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday: Kangana!! (...tera ni by Dr. Zeus)

Okay, okay… I got a little pushback on my Three Khans breakdown yesterday and, yes, all three have many facets to their personas but I was just musing on what I see as the overriding force in their film choices right now when they have enough power and influence to be doing anything they want. While Aamir's masala films don't always have overt messages, they usually do leave me with a strong feeling of empathy for my fellow humans. And, sure, sometimes Salman does a film with a positive message like Jai Ho and I'm sure he does want to give his fans their money's worth but then--and here is today's news stories--he also dances with 60 babes in his brother-in-law's dodgy looking film and snags his firang ex(?)-piece an item in the same. Family just seems to be the most important thing to him and there's nothing wrong with that. That's all I was saying.

(And it is Sonam opposite Salman for Sooraj Barjatya's next.)

----

Never count on stars, no matter who they are. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it won't.

Still, I'd love to see Nawaz playing "Mountain Man" Dashrath Manjhi. What a talented actor. He could stand and read the phone book and I'd be captivated.

----

KANGANA BEING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

No, wait: KANGANA BEING A BADASS!!!!!!! I'm not the biggest Tigmanshu Dhulia fan--his direction is rather pedestrian--but if he's giving me KANGANA STRUTTING INTO ROOMS LIKE SHE OWNS THEM then, brother, sign me up for the fan club.

----

I have to admit that I'm looking forward to PK, despite everything. 3 Idiots made me a believer. Trust the Rajkumar Hirani. Trust.

----

This is a stupid idea and I hope it gets no traction.

----

Sonakshi will only endorse your brand if it suits her.

Dippy is brand ambassaording for Coke.

I wonder how many of these stars actually drink the Coke, Pepsi, etc. Outside of a mixer with Johnny Walker, I mean. Thankfully I never developed a taste for the stuff. It's horrible for you and for the water supply.

----

Preity Zinta is not entering politics? Yeesh. You know, somebody should write her a script where she plays a lady chief minister who is sunshine on the outside but has a stone cold interior… how great a villain would she make??? All ominous sunshine… but who would be the hero to take her on? Shahid? If it's Shahid there should also be sexual tension between them, which would be amazing. The heroine should be… Preity's younger half-sister who is being forced to work as her assistant but she sees all the bad things she's doing and… Shahid is a journalist trying to expose them! YES!

Okay, I'm liking this. Just make sure Ms. Zinta isn't in charge of any funds--we've seen what happens…

----

I thought Priyanka Chopra already killed and buried this gimmick with her string of flops. But it's Raj & DK so I have to trust them… (I'M TRUSTING YOU, GUYS!)

----

Somehow I missed the trailer for Mastram… yeah.

----

And in case it got stuck in your head, too:

Never. Gets. Old.

3 comments:

Moimeme said...

Sorry about the comment blitz on yesterday's post. :)

Can I just say that Salman does *favors* for his family, and films for his fans? :)

Filmi Girl said...

LOL!! I enjoy it. :)

And that is totally a fair comment re: Salman. I can live with that phrasing.

odadune said...

Moimeme, fwiw, I found the comments blitz very educational ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl